Rehab is hard work!
Dear friends,
Sorry for not updating sooner. I am spending 12-15 hours a day at rehab with daddy and am now on the night shift with him. So when I am home I'm sleeping and getting right back there.
Daddy is progressing. Finding the right drugs to calm him down and something to make him sleep has been a challenge this week. He got the most sleep last night he's had in, well, since he got there. We have good and bad days in therapy and in the room. I arrived yesterday to him having thrown his coffee, muffin and water pitcher. That's when I took over nights. Cindy and Barbara say he's had a good day. In therapy today he did all of the upper extremity exercises AND he walked the length of the parallel bars with assistance. I'm going for another good night. Hope I can get some sleep, too.
GOOD NEWS - Just got a call that the trach comes out tomorrow. Praise God. That is one less thing to deal with. Now if we can get him to eat enough and swallow pills so we can get the feeding tube removed.
Please continue to pray. Daddy is afraid to be alone. Cindy is gone now until next Tuesday so it's Barbara and I to take the bulk of being there with daddy. I am still certain God has me where he wants me.
I will update more when I can.
Praying for another good night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home